There’s an awards and recognition banquet for work tonight.
PRO: It’s at a really nice restaurant
CON: My co-workers will be there
PRO: My sweetheart is coming
CON: I’ll be getting home really late (for me)
PRO: There’s no fancy dress code at the restaurant
CON: I may have dressed down a little too much today anyway (i.e. flip flops)
PRO: No free booze (i.e. no annoying, drunken speeches by my co-workers)
CON: No free booze (i.e. no defense against annoying, sober speeches by my co-workers)
CON: Work people!
Predictions: UPDATED July 24, 8:30 AM
- My sweetheart will be charming and everyone will love him. YES
- The new boss will make a brief speech, and someone will ask “Who’s that?” YES
- Someone will get drunk even without free booze. NO
- I will find an excuse to leave as early as possible. YES
- A previously un-disclosed co-worker romantic relationship will be revealed. Sort of. (One of the Managers brought the HR Director as his “date”.)
EXTRA BONUS UPDATE: Stuffed Salmon in Puff Pastry!